Saturday, June 2, 2012

Pros and Cons of a Pixie Cut

Hair History

I've had short hair for about two years now. When I say short hair, I don't mean shoulder length. I mean my hair has been chin length or shorter for two years. I have to mention that because most girls would consider hair stopping above the boob to be short hair, c'mon ladies. Anyway, I've had a pixie cut for a good year now and I'm finally wanting to grow out my hair.

Actually, I lied. I've been wanting to grow out my hair several times during the year, but when it got to the awkward phase (i.e. mullet and bowl cut), I cut it all off with the same saying I repeat in my head every time. "You look good with a pixie cut Jenny, plus, hair is hair. It grows back," she'd say confidently. I should of been saying, "You want to grow out your hair, don't cut it. Yes, hair grows back, but it will never get longer if you keep cutting it ya dumb shit."

Perhaps I'm being a little hard on myself? Whatever. This has been an ongoing cycle at least a total of 5-6 times throughout the year. That's right, I cut my hair very frequently to maintain it. I'll show you the general gist of my hair throughout the year in three pictures. I also bleached my hair blonde at one point, but perhaps I'll show that in a different post.

I'd cut it.

It'd grow out.

Then I'd cut it even shorter.

So now I'm determined. I must do this out of patience-sake. My hair must return to this length and longer.

Go go Power Rangers bietches!!!

Now, some may say, "Yo J-dawg." In which I'd respond, "Mmyurrs?" "Why are you wanting to grow out yo hair when yo hair is hellar dope short and what-nots?"

Well person-who-can't-speak-Engrish-gewd, here is my list of pros and cons!

Pros
  • My head legitimately feels light as a feather
  • Nice for the summertime, lookin' fresh and feelin' it
  • Looks fantastic underneath a hat (disclaimer -- baby, I love hats)
  • My boyfriend loves me with short hair, but also, he's never seen me with long hair so...
  • Stylish and instantly edgy/chic
  • Girls love it, some guys really dig it
Cons
  • Pain in the ass to maintain, especially in the mornings when I have major cowlick
  • Shit ton of hair products that rip out my hair
  • SO EXPENSIVE, gotta get it cut every month my hair grows so fast
  • My fashion sense tends to be more masculine than the average girl so I'm sometimes mistaken for a lesbian (ignorant ass people)
  • I can't curl my hair anymore or do fancy braids
  • I only have one hairstyle
  • I'm bored of having the same hairstyle
  • Guys love long hair (not that I give a tit, so I suppose this isn't a real con)
There are probably more I could add to both lists, but this is all I could come up with in a minute's time. I'll be back with a new post at least every week! My hair has grown quite a bit since my faux hawk stage so...

Peace!

<3 ThePatientUndergrad

1 comment:

  1. You look a million times better with short hair. There is an order of magnitude increase in your beauty.

    ReplyDelete